फरसबी-मटकी ची भाजी
Green Beans with Moth beans
1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup matki sprouts, pressure cooked
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chilies, slit
1 tbsp goda masala
1 tbsp fresh coconut, scraped
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients for tempering except goda masala.
2. As the chilies change color, add goda masala and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Now add green beans and 2 tbsp water. Switch gas to low.
4. Cover with a lid. Place some water on the lid.
5. When the beans are almost cooked, add cooked moth beans.
6. Add salt and sugar.
7. Let all the water evaporate. Garnish with coconut
1. When not in season, I use frozen green beans. I have used French cut green beans in the picture above.