Friday, August 15, 2008
Dudhi Chi Kheer
2 cups grated dudhi
3/4 - 1 cup sugar
3 cups milk
6 cardamoms, peeled, crushed
4-5 strands of saffron
1/4 tsp charoli
1. Mix milk and dudhi together & bring to boil. Keep stirring in between.
2. Lower the gas and let it simmer for 20 minutes or till dudhi is cooked.
3. Add sugar. Mix well.
4. Add cardamoms, charoli & saffron.
5. Switch off the gas. Serve warm or chilled.
1. Though I omitted the step, dudhi can be fried quickly in 1 tsp ghee before adding milk.