Monday, August 11, 2008
Thanks to all of those who sent me emails asking if everything's ok! It meant so much. Yes. Everything is OK. I was out of town so couldn't check the blogger and missed all the fun around the blogosphere. I did think of scheduling the posts while I was gone, but was not sure if I would be able to manage/reply to the comments. Last few weeks were hectic so I apologize for the delay in replying/responding to the emails/comments/queries/awards/events. Sorry. I promise to get back on the track real soon. Anyways, hope you all are enjoying the summer as well.
Today, I am blogging about a simple summer favorite at our place. We went to the local farmer's market and picked up loads of fresh summer veggies. So let's start with the simplest!
Turmeric infused boiled corn
6 corn on cobs, peeled/silk removed
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
3 cups water
1. Wash the corn.
2. Fill the pressure cooker with water, salt and turmeric powder.
3. Add corns - if needed halved - and soak for 30 minutes.
4. Pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles.
5. Let the pressure drop completely.
6. Let the boiled corn soak in the cooked water for about 1 hour.
7. Drain, and serve immediately.
1. Make sure, that corn is not super hot while serving but it should be warm.
2. You may find the amount of salt a bit too much, but the salty water is later drained and that's how boiled corn gets the salty taste. You can vary the amount per your liking.
This is my entry to EC's WYF Color. I am sending it for the color yellow which is one of the most favorite colors (at least for now!!) of my daughter.