Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Black Eyed Peas Curry
1 cup black eyed peas sprouts, boiled
1 tsp tamarind pulp
2 tbsp koLumbo masala
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 red chili, halved
1 sprig of curry leaves, torn
1. Pressure cook black eyed peas and keep aside.
2. Mix tamarind paste with koLumbo masala and keep aside.
3. Pour cooked black eyed peas in a saucepan. Add tamarind mixture and water.
4. Bring to boil. Add salt.
5. In a small saucepan, heat oil and add the ingredients for the tempering.
6. As the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the hot tempered oil to the simmering koLumbo.
7. Cover with the lid immediately & switch off the gas.
This post is my contribution to Srivalii's Curry Mela.