Amma used to make this sannpollo whenever there was dudhi (bottlegourd) or padwalachi bhaji.(snakegourd). Both my grandmothers firmly believed in using all the edible parts of the vegetables. Sannapollo is one such "Trash to Treasure" recipe.
Spicy pancakes using seeds
1/2 cup dudhi seeds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil.
2. Knead them together using the moisture from the dudhi seeds. Add some water to make a dough.
3. Pat on a hot griddle/pan. Poke bout 5 holes. Add few drops in those holes. Cover and let it cook on a low flame.
4. Flip and cook till brown spots appear on both the sides.
5. Serve hot with DaliTauy & rice.
1. Padwal seeds can also be used.
2. Though it's a pancake, it is not served for breakfast or as snacks. It is served as an accompaniment with the daily meal of dalitauy & rice.
3. This pancake is supposed to be very spicy.
4. Instead of wheat flour, 1/4 cup wheat flour + 1/4 cup rice flour can be used.