Thursday, July 17, 2008
Bhoplaychya Kaliche Kaap
Pumpkin Buds Fritters
2 Pumpkin or squash buds (or more!)
1 tsp rice flour
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
oil for shallow or deep frying.
1. Rinse the buds gently with cold water.
2. Mix rice flour, chili powder, salt, turmeric powder & asafoetida
3. Coat wet buds with the above mixture.
4. Shallow (or deep) fry till they are crunchy.
1. Give a very small cut on the bud where the stem starts to make sure there are no worms!