Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Malvani Crab Cakes
1 cup crab meat
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tsp tamarind pulp
salt to taste
1 tsp malvani masala or chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp rice rawa /coarsely ground rice
oil for shallow frying
1. Rinse the crab meat. Crumble it with your hand
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients except oil.
3. Make small balls and flatten them with your palm.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry on a low flame.
5. Let brown spots appear on both the sides.
1. I used "Whole Foods" Crab meat which, apparently, was a product of India. I don't like to use artificial crab meat.