Thursday, July 24, 2008
Bhinda Ni KadhiOkra Buttermilk Soup
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup water
2 tbsp besan/chickpea flour
salt to taste
sugar to taste
7 - 9 fresh okra/bhindi/bhendi/bhinda/bhenda/Lady's fingers, cut into two pieces, slit
2 fresh, green chilies, slit
1 tsp oil1 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1" ginger, grated
0. Churn yogurt, water and besan to make the buttermilk without any lumps.
1. Heat oil & ghee in a saucepan.
2. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. As the cumin seeds start spluttering, add slit green chilies and okra.
4. Saute on a low flame till okras are cooked and are brownish in color.
5. Add yogurt mixture, salt, sugar.
6. Keep stirring on a low flame till mixture comes to a rolling boil.
7. Switch off the gas.