2 tsp oil or ghee
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad daal
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 byadgi chili, broken
1 green chili, slit
1/4 tsp grated ginger (optional)
1 sprig of curry leaves, torn
Freshly scraped coconut
1. Heat oil or ghee in a wok or kadai.
2. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. As the mustard seeds start spluttering, add cracked wheat or rawa. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups water if using wheat, 1 1/2 cups water if using rawa. Bring to boil. Add salt.
5. Keep stirring till all the water is evaporated.
6. Cover with a lid and let it stand for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with coconut & Spicy sev.
1. Traditionally, only rawa or semolina is used. I generally make it using cracked wheat to increase the fiber intake.
This post is my contribution to Raaga's WBB - Express Breakfasts.