MW Masoori chi Khichdi
1 cup Masoor Sprouts
1 cup rice, rinsed & drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 small potato, peeled, diced
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee/oil
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 green cardamoms
1 stick cinnamon
4-5 black peppercorns
1 tbsp cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh coconut, scraped
1. In a Microwave safe casserole, heat 1 tbsp oil/ghee for 30 seconds.2. Add all the ingredients for tempering. Microwave 1 minute.3. Add onions. Microwave for 1 minute.
4. Stir once & add ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric powder & coriander-cumin seed powder. Microwave for 1 minute.5. Now add masoor, potato & rice and 4 cups water. Add salt, chili powder. & stir.
6. Microwave for 20 minutes.7. If there is still water, microwave for another 5 minutes.
8. Let it stand for 5 minutes. The pot will be hot.9. Garnish with cilantro & coconut.
10. Serve with raita, papadum & lemon wedge on side.
1. Microwave cooking time varies from microwave to microwave. The above times/proportions work well per our taste.
This post is my contribution to Easy Craft's Mixed Rice Varieties Event.