Monday, June 16, 2008

Malvani Thand Kadhi

Recently my cousin and his family had come over to visit us. They had requested me to prepare some authentic Malvani food. I was overjoyed - after all my blog needed that too!!;-) So for this whole week, we are having a Malvani home food festival here at Enjoy Indian Food. To kick off this festival, I am blogging first - Malvani Thand kadhi

Interesting read - Malvan

Malvani Thand Kadhi
Spiced buttermilk - Malvani style
Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup water
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder

Tempering
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed with a pestle
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 red chilies, broken into halves

Method
1. Whisk yogurt, water, salt & chili powder. Set aside.
2. Heat oil for tempering. Add all the ingredients.
3. As the garlic cloves start to change the color to light brown, drizzle the tempered oil over the buttermilk mixture.
4. Cover immediately.
5. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Note -
1. Do not let the garlic burn.


This post is my contribution to Siri's Frozen Yogurt event.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs