Ghavne - Pronounced as - Ghaa- va-Nay or Ghaa-won
Malvani Lacey Dosas
1 cup rice flour
2 cups water
salt to taste
Oil as needed
1. Whisk rice flour, salt and water till no lumps remain.
2. Heat a tawa/griddle/pan.
3. When it is hot, pour a ladleful of the batter, and tilt the pan from all the sides to spread the batter.
4. Immediately, you will notice the holes to the dosa. Cover. Let it cook. Add oil as needed.
5. Flip & cook on the other side, if you like.
1. Instead of water, coconut milk or fresh coconut water can be substituted.
2. Make sure they are cooked from both sides but should be soft and not crunchy.
3. Brown rice flour can be substituted.
4. Ghavnes are also served with Coconut milk + Jaggery mixture.
5. You may not need oil or may need very little oil if using nonstick pan.
6. Aaji always used bidaacha tawa - cast iron pan - for making ghavne.
7. You can proceed without flipping this crepe. This crepe is meant to be soft and not crunchy.