Kobij-Vatana nu Shaak
Stir Fried Cabbage
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup green peas
Salt to taste (if needed)
1 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
2 tsp oil
1 - 2 green chili, slit or chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, cilantro
Lemon juice, as needed
0. Shred cabbage finely. Sprinkle salt and mix and keep aside.
1. Heat oil in a kadai/wok.
2. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. As the mustard seeds start to splutter, add cabbage. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add green peas. Cover with a lid. Add some water on the lid. Let it cook for about10-12 minutes or when cabbage is cooked.
5. Adjust for salt. Remember we have already sprinkled salt on the cabbage.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
7. Squeeze fresh lemon juice just before serving.
1. You can also add some grated carrots.
2. The step to sprinkle salt over cabbage helps cabbage cook uniformly & quickly. - MIL's tip.