Saturday, May 17, 2008
Dhemse - Chana Daal Bhaji
4 Round gourds/Tinda/Dhemse, rinsed, sliced
2 tbsp chana daal
salt to taste
A pinch of sugar to taste
2 tsp oil
1 red chili, broken
1 green chili, slit
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coconut
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Soak chana daal in water for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a kadai or wok.
3. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
4. Add drained chana daal. Add 1 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and add water on the lid.
5. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
6. Now add roundgourd pieces
7. Cover and let it cook till done.
8. Add salt & sugar.
9. Garnish with coconut & cilantro.
10. While serving squeeze little lemon juice
1. Dhemse is more popularly known as Tinda.
2. I used frozen variety.