Marcha Bataka nu Shaak
Bell Pepper stir fry - Gujarati style
2 bell peppers, sliced like french fries
1 potato, peeled, sliced like french fries
1 firm tomato, sliced like french fries
1 small onion, sliced like french fries
1 heaped tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp jaggery
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
2. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder.
3. As the mustard seeds splutter, add onions. Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the rest of the vegetables. Add coriander-cumin seeds powder and chili powder.
5. Saute till all the vegetables are cooked.
6. Add salt and jaggery. Cook till jaggery is melted.
7. Serve with phulka or rotla.
1. The jaggery and coriander -cumin seed powder add a unique flavor to this simple stir fry. Use less jaggery if you do not like very sweet vegetables.
This post is my contribution to VOW-JFI - Bell Peppers' at Pooja's Creative Pooja.
VOW event is started by Pooja of Creative Pooja.
JFI event is started by Indira of Mahanandi.