Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mango Ambrosia

This is a family practice at my home. My grandmothers did it. My great aunts, aunts, of course, my mom - they all do it. and now I did it too. When you get the first box of mangoes, choose the finest looking, best mango, and offer it to God for the Naivedya. It is something like thanksgiving for the bounty. After being blessed, the mango is cut, and first given to the Gods of the house i.e. kids. and then the whole family enjoys it. So I did the same. This was our prasad.

Chopped mango, sprinkled with some cardamom powder and a fresh mint leaf for the color contrast for my grand photography!!:-D

Today's Akshay Tritiya. So sharing this God's blessings with you all. May God bless you all with peace and happiness...


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs