Inspired by "Dakshin" by Mrs. Chandra Padmanabhan
3 bell peppers, chopped
3 tbsp plain yogurt
2 tsp sambar powder
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1.2 tsp chana daal
1/2 tsp urad daal
1 red chili, broken
few curry leaves
1. Chop the bell peppers into bite sized pieces.
2. Add yogurt to the chopped peppers and keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a wok/kadai. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
4. As daals start changing colors, add bell pepper mixture.
5. Cover and let it cook for about 9 minutes.
6. Add salt and sambar powder. Let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve with chapati.
1. More oil or water is not necessary as yogurt adds the necessary moisture.
2. Multi-colored peppers are not mandatory. Just green peppers can be used as well.
This post is my contribution to VOW-JFI - Bell Peppers' at Pooja's Creative Pooja.
VOW event is started by Pooja of Creative Pooja.
JFI event is started by Indira of Mahanandi.