Gobhi Ke Parathe
Cauliflower Flatbread from Punjab
Oil for shallow frying
1 small head of cauliflower, grated
/2 tsp salt
1 green chili, minced (optional)
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala
1 tsp ginger, grated
1/2 tsp owa/ajwain/thymol seeds/ajowan/ajmo
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp dry pomegranate seeds/anardaana, coarsely crushed
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 cups wheat flour
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1. Grate the cauliflower. Sprinkle salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze water and drain the cauliflower completely.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. Check for salt. Set aside.
3. Knead a dough for paratha using wheat flour, salt, water and oil. Cover and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
4. Make a ball of a dough. Roll into a small round. Put the stuffing on top.
5. Fold and dredge in some flour. Roll into a thick paratha.
6. Shallow fry on a hot tawa/pan/griddle adding oil per your taste till brown spots appear on both the sides.
7. Serve hot with yogurt and pickles.
1. I used food processor for grating.
2.You can increase or decrease the spices per your own preference.
This post is my contribution to Srivalli's Roti Mela: celebration of Indian flatbreads.