Gajar Methi ki subzi
3 carrots, peeled & diced
1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves, rinsed, chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp chili powderA pinch of garam masala
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
A generous pinch of asafoetida
1. Heat oil. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
2. As the cumin seeds start spluttering, add chopped carrots and fenugreek leaves. Saute.
3. Add 1 tbsp water. Cover with a lid. Let it cook on the low flame.
4. Keep checking from time to time. Do not let it burn.
5. Add salt , garam masala, chili powder to taste.Notes
1. Spinach can be substituted instead of fenugreek leaves.
2. You can use more oil or ghee based on your preference.
This post is my contribution to RCI: Rajasthan - Flavours of the Desert.
RCI event is started by Lakshmi of VeggieCuisine.