Now about this Chicken 65. This is my husband's favorite chicken curry. I was planning to make Tandoori chicken. After marinating the chicken, next day, I was too bored to grill it. So just decided to saute it instead. I thought of adding some onions too. It came out well and reminded us of chicken65 served in a wonderful restaurant here. So next time, I also threw in some curry leaves, cashew nuts and jalapenos because I have seen them in our restaurant version. Thus, my version of Chicken65 was born.
Chicken 65 - My way anyway!
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup yogurt
2 heaped tbsp Tandoori Masala (I used Shan)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion, sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
7-9 cashew nuts
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Marinate the chicken & cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat oil. Add curry leaves, onions. Saute till onion is golden brown.
3. Add peppers, cashew nuts. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add marinated chicken along with marinade. Saute for 5 minutes.
5. Cover and let it cook till done on a slow flame. It may take about 20 - 30 minutes.
6. When the chicken is cooked, remove the lid. If there is moisture, simmer till all the liquid is evaporated and the masala clings to the chicken.
7. Serve with lemon wedges and Naans.
1. Shan Masala has salt. So do not add any additional salt. If using any other brand, check if it has salt or not and adjust accordingly.
2. You can use more or less masala per your own spice tolerence.
This post is my contribution to The Fortune Cooking Event at Spicy Tasty.