Broken Wheat Paratha
Inspired by Lazeez Paratha by Tarla Dalal
1/4 cup broken wheat/bulgur wheat/dalia
2 tbsp chana daal
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp besan
1 tsp ginger-green chili paste
4 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
Oil for roasting parathas
1. Pressure cook broken wheat and chana daal adding 1 cup water. Let it cool completely.
2. Mix with all the ingredients. Knead into a dough. Add more wheat flour if needed. Do not add water since there will be plenty moisture in the boiled dalia-chana daal mush.
3. Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Make balls of equal sizes and roll into parathas.
5. Roast on both sides till brown spots appear. Use oil sparingly.
6. Keep in an aluminum foil or clean, cotton napkin till ready to use
1. I have added more ingredients than Tarlaji's version to suit our palette.
These parathas are going to Srivalli's Roti Mela: celebration of Indian flatbreads.