Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Vegtable Burger - Cooking Light

It was one of those days when I didn't know what to cook. and then I glanced through the latest issue of Cooking Light. The India inspired Cooking Light menu by Mr. Suvir Saran definitely excited me. I have immensely enjoyed his book "Indian Home Cooking". So decided that's what is for the dinner tonight - Veggie Burgers by Suvir Saran, Cooking Light style.

Recipe Source

Chef
Mr. Suvir Saran

Yield
8 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed pita half)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 292(18% from fat); FAT 5.7g (sat 0.8g,mono 2.9g,poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 9.7g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 58mg; SODIUM 675mg; FIBER 7.1g; IRON 3.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 51.8g

My Modifications
1. I added grated cabbage instead of carrots, since I didn't have carrots in the fridge.
2. I used Panko bread crumbs.
3. I used just one small potato since I didn't have more than that. (Yeah, it was one of those days, when I had to do the weekly grocery shopping!)
4. I didn't refrigerate the burgers before frying. I just used them immediately.
5. I also added some mint in the food-processor. It gave a nice flavor. Reason - just because!!:-)

Credits

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs