Saturday, April 19, 2008
Malvani Rainbow Trout Stir Fry
3-4 steaks of rainbow trout, rinsed, cleaned, marinated with salt & turmeric powder
3-4 cloves of garlic, smashed still keeping the garlic whole
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp Malvani Masala
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3-4 kokums, rinsed & soaked in 1/4 cup warm water for 30 minutes
1 tbsp coconut (optional)
1 tbsp cilantro/coriander leaves
1. Heat oil. Saute garlic for 1 minute. Add onions. Saute till it becomes golden brown.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder.
3. Stir in Malavani masala, coconut and kokum water. Bring it to boil.
4. Add fish steaks. Let it simmer.
5. Switch off from gas as the fish is cooked.
6. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with plain rice or rice bhakri
1. If you want a thicker version, let the sauce thickens a bit. For thinner version, add more water.
2. You can keep the garlic in its peel and then smash & add to the hot oil. This way, the inside garlic clove is not burnt. While eating, slurp the garlic and leave the peel aside.