1. Sprinkle salt on the peels and mix them together. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze all the water from the peels. Wash quickly under water.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
4. Stir in the peels. Knead to a dough.
5. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
6. Roll into thin rotis.
7. Roast on the griddle adding oil per your preference. Fry till brown spots appear on both the sides.
8. After cooked, store the theplas in an aluminum cooking foil or clean napkin so they remain soft till ready to eat.
9. Serve with yogurt and achar on side.
1. Dadiji uses Rajwadi Garam masala but I used kitchen king masala as I don't have the Rajwadi garam masala.
2. Look for fresh bittergourds for this recipe.
3. Soak bittergourds and wash nicely before scraping the peels.
4. You can chop the scraped peels if you like.Chopped Bittergourd for shaak, peels for thepla and seeds for planting.
This post is my entry to Pooja's Vegetable of the week: Bittergourd.