Sunday, July 27, 2008
This is the American Desi version of the good old Fruit Salad. It is quite simple to make and gets ready in no time.
Fruit n' Cream
1 pack vanilla ice-cream
1 tub coolwhip
1 apple, diced
1 pear, diced
10 grapes, halved
1 orange, segments removed
1 banana, peeled & chopped
1 tbsp chopped almonds, unsalted
1 tbsp chopped walnuts/cashews, unsalted
1 tbsp chopped pistachios, unsalted
2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
1 tbsp doodh masala
1. Thaw vanilla icecream. Using hand mixer or fork, churn the icecream and koolwhip together.
2. Fold in all the chopped fruits.
3. Mix well. Add the garnish.
4. Cover with the foil and freeze till set.
5. Keep in the refrigerator about 15 minutes before serving.
1. You can add or vary the fruits of your choice. Keep it colorful.