I have heard some seriously different yet delicious new flavors like Jamun (Jambhool) & Awla. Can't wait to try those during our next trip. But till then, I need to take out my Cuisinart and try out my own version.
My sis-in-law was visiting us sometime back. Naturals' Chickoo ice-cream used to be her most favorite. So to pamper her, I made my version. It's been a while since she has tasted the Mumbai special Naturals version. Maybe that's why, this was a super duper hit. :-)
I adapted the recipe from my Cuisinart recipe booklet. The original recipe was for "Fresh Strawberry Ice-cream" which I changed to include Chickoo instead.
Adapted from Cuisinart Recipe Booklet
1/2 cup sugar (or more if you like)
1 cup Whole milk (Preferably organic)
2 cup heavy cream (Preferably organic)
1.Using whisk or hand mixer, combine milk and sugar.
2. Stir in heavy cream and chickoo pulp.
3. Turn Ice-cream maker ON, pour mixture into the freezer bowl.
4. Mix till thickened for about 30 minutes.
1. If you want creamier version, increase the heavy cream quantity.
2. You can also increase or decrease the quantity of chickoo pulp per your own preference.
3. I know, I know as I was taking pictures, the ice-cream melted a little bit. But that's ok. My family is quite understanding or they have given up on me! ;-)
And with my own version of Naturals Chickoo ice-cream, I am off to EasyCraft's Fun n' Sun event.