1 cup desiccated coconut, grated
3 - 5 Garlic cloves
4-5 dry red chilies 0r 2 tsp paprika
salt to taste
sugar to taste
1/2 tsp Tamarind (Optional)
1. Roast coconut and red chilies. Let it cool down.
2. Grind with the rest of the ingredients
3. Store in an airtight bottle.
1. Roasting time varies from house to house resulting in deep red, red or brown colored garlic chutney.
2. American garlic cloves are huge compared to Indian ones. So above 3-4 garlic cloves is the proportion for American garlic cloves. You can use about 7-9 Indian garlic cloves for the above proportion. You can most certainly vary the amount of garlic per your own preference.
This fiery garlic chutney is my contribution to Jihva:Garlic.
Jihva Event is started by Indira of Mahanandi.