1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Grind kashmiri chilies, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, half of onions with vinegar.
2. Heat oil. Saute the remaining onion for 5 - 7 minutes.
3. Add above ground paste. Saute for another 7 minutes.
4. Add garam masala, turmeric powder, sugar & 1/2 cup water.
5. As the curry comes to boil, slide in halved eggs, tomato, salt to taste.
6. Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve hot with plain rice , rotis or pav.
1. If you are watching the cholesterol and do not care for yolks, then you can discard them before adding to the curry. I generally keep the yolks of half of the eggs & discard the rest.
2. I used white distilled vinegar.
3. Kashimiri chilies are mild and give a nice color. If you are going to use some other chilies, you may need to adjust the spice level accordingly.
4. If you do not like the taste of vinegar, then either use it in less quantity like 1 tbsp or do not use it at all. Instead, serve lemon wedges with the curry for some tang. But then it wouldn't be a Vindaloo because Vin in the Vindaloo is for Vinegar!!:-)