8 things I am passionate about:
1) My daughter
2) My family & friends
3) God almighty
4) Collecting recipes & cooking
8 places I want to see before I die:
1) Mumbai, India
2) Goa, India
6)Phuket Islands, Thailand
8) Mumbai, India (I know, I said that once! but if the list is about seeing the places before I die, then it has to start and end with Mumbai)
8 Things I say most often:
1) Yaar (which translates to buddy or friend in Hindi)
2) Oh no!
3) Goodness gracious!
4) Aai ga! (Remembering aai - mom in Marathi)
5) Oh man!
6) I love you. (to my daughter)
7) Oh well
8) Hey dude!! (Believe it or not, this is something I picked up from my pre-schooler! She coolly has started saying this so often, that first time, I almost fell off my chair! I am not sure what more words she is going to bring home!)
8 things needed by me for cooking:
1) Family and friends around me to eat, enjoy and discuss food.
2) Fresh vegetables and produce
3) My spices, masala dabba
4) Sumeet Mixer & grinder
5) Prestige pressure cooker
6) some background music - preferably Bollywood!:-)
7) new cuisine or new recipe to try out
8) Incense stick burning in the background
8 books I have recently read or reading
1) The ignited minds - Dr. APJ Kalam
2) Not without my daughter - Betty Mahmoody
3) Bengali Cooking - Chitrita Banerjee
4) Monsoon Diary - Shoba Narayan
5) Caring for your baby and young child - Dr. Steven Shelov (This one is my constant companion for last almost 4 yrs!)
6) The Weblog handbook - Rebecca Blood
7) It takes a village - Hillary Rodham Clinton
8) Loads of preschooler books that I read everyday to my daughter. Today we read, Ruby's perfect day, Lunch, Freight Train, Cherish Me, Whose mouse are you? & 3 bedtimes stories that we read every single night - Guess how much I love you?, I love you as much & Goodnight moon!
8 Songs I listen to over and over -
I love Bollywood music. & I hum it while cooking. So here it goes.
1. Pehla Nasha - (JJWS)
2. Piya bina, piya bina - (Abhimaan)
3. Aap ki Aankho main kuch - (Ghar)
4. Jaaneman Jaaneman,tere do nayan - (Chhoti si baat)
5. Maana ho tum, behad haseen - (Toote Khilone - Thanks Pooja!)
6. Chinna chinna aasai - (Roja - I love the Tamil version of the song, and as I start singing I forget the words so then I replace them with Hindi words, but I still believe in my heart, that I am singing Tamil version)
7. Pal pal dil ke paas - (Blackmail)
8. Mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari - (Kabhi Kabhie)
Oops, is it 8 already? No way!!:-)9. Tu - tu hain wohi, dil ne jise - (Yeh Vaada Raha)
10. Do lafzonki hain - (The Great Gambler)
11. Tumhe ho na ho, muzko to itna yakin hain - (Gharonda)
12. Aaj se pahle, aajse jaada, khushi aaj tak - (Chitchor)
13. Ek main aur ek tu - (Khel Khel main)
14. Mera kuch saaman, tumhare paas pada hain - (Izajat)
15. Rang de, rang de, muze rang de - (Takshak)
16. Tere bina zindagi se koi - (Aandhi)
Sorry, I really can't stop now!!:-)
17. Phoolon ki rang se, dil ki kalam se...
18. Dum maro dum...
19. Yeh sham mastani...
20. Chura liya hain tum ne...(Yadon ki baraat)
21. Maine tere liye he saat rang ke...(Anand)
22. Aanewala pal jaane wala hain...
23. Yeh jeevan hain, is jeevan ka...(Piya ka ghar)
24. Jeevan se bhari tere aankhe...
25. Dilbar mere, kab tak muze...(Satte pe satta)
26. Tu hi re...(Bombay)
27. A dil muze bata de, tu kispe aa gaya hain...
28. Jaane ja...(Jawani Diwani)
8 things that attract us to our friends:1) Wavelength
3) Ability to listen/talk
7) Sense of humor
Well, I would like to invite any/all of my friends, whoever is interested in taking up this MeMe.