3. Pressure cook for 4 whistles. Let the pressure drop completely of its own before opening the cooker.
Here's Tarla Dalal's recipe for Bikaneri Khichdi.
This is how I made wheat sprouts
1. Soak wheat grains/berries in water overnight.
2. Let them sprout. It took more time than the usual beans/legumes.
3. I sprinkled little water on the berries when they were in the process of sprouting.
4. It took more than 24 hours to sprout but I kept a close vigil just to make sure that they are not turning rancid.
This post is my contribution to Meeta's one-dish dinner.