Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shortcut Khari Biscuits

My friend, Rupa surprised me by offering her home-made khari biscuits. I was amazed by her patience and could not stop praising her, then she said, "Do you know they got ready in about 20 minutes. Want to know the secret? Pepperidge Farm! Cut it, bake it, cool it, enjoy it. 400 F 15-20 minutes." There! That was the exact recipe being told to me! :-)

Khari Biscuits
Ingredients
1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet box

Toppings (Optional)
sugar or
cumin seeds or
ajwain or
crushed black pepper or
chaat masala

Method
1. Thaw one puff pastry sheet in the refrigerator before actually baking it.


2. Cut it.

3. Pre-heat Oven to 400 F

4. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes
5. Cool on the cooling rack.
6. Store in an airtight container.
7. Enjoy with a cup of hot tea!

Note -
1. I noticed that when I baked the biscuits for 15 minutes, they were slightly undercooked. When I baked them for 20 minutes, they were perfect in taste but they were one shade darker. So next time, I got the desired result with 17 minute of baking time. The pictures shown above are 20 minutes one!:-)
2. If you want to use only one puff pastry sheet, thaw only one, and freeze the second one immediately because thawing, freezing, thawing is not recommended.
3. You can sprinkle some toppings like ajwain, sugar, cumin seeds, crushed black pepper on top before baking. However, I prefer my khari biscuits plain.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs