3 cups dal water
7 - 9 drum stick pieces
1 tsp besan
1 tsp methi (fenugreek seeds)
1 tsp cummin seeds(jeera)
A pinch of asafoetida
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp coriander-cummin powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leavesMethod
1. Heat oil and add garlic, jeera, methi, asafoetida.
2. Add besan and saute. Do not let it burn.
3. Add chili powder, dhania-jeera powder and saute for a minute.
4. Then add dal water and allow to boil.
5. Add drumsticks and allow to cook.
6. When drumsticks soften, add Kokum, boil for 2 minutes and serve hot.
The above recipe is adapted from here.