Hot & Sour Fish Curry
5 Mackrels or 5-6 steaks of rainbow trout
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Grind to fine paste
1 cup fresh coconut
9-11 byadgi chilies
2 tsp tamarind pulp
1 tsp raw rice
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Clean and wash fish. Marinate with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
2. Soak teppals in 1/4 cup water. Keep aside.
3. Grind masala to a fine paste.
4. Pour masala in a saucepan. Add teppal along with water.
5. Add salt to taste. As the curry starts boiling, add fish steaks.
6. Keep turmeric leaves on top.
7. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes till fish is cooked.
8. Drizzle coconut oil on top.
1. The consistency of this curry is quite thick. So use water sparingly.
2. The curry tastes even better next day.
3. This curry is traditionally made with Bangda or Mackrel. I substituted rainbow trout.