Thursday, February 7, 2008

Assamese Bhakri - 2

Inspired by the "Asamese Bhakri -1", I made my very predictable change to the recipe. I added wheat grains/berries instead of rice and used my Sumeet to grind the flour. Instead of making plain bhakris, this time I also added some shredded carrots, spinach, and some masala. Tastewise, it reminded me of Maharashtrian Thalipeeth. Try it sometime for a change.

Assamese Bhakri - 2 Flour
1 part Wheat grains
1 part green moong

1. Grind in a heavy duty grinder to make a fine flour. 2. Store in an airtight container.

Assamese Bhakri -2
2 cups Assamese Bhakri 2 Flour
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded spinach
salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oil

Oil for shallow frying

1. Mix all the ingredients together and knead a soft dough adding water as needed.
2. Roll out discs and shallow fry.
3. Serve hot with achar on side.

This post is my contribution to Suganya's WBB Healthy Eats.
Thank you, Asha for letting me know of this event.


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs