Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Anar Ka Raita

Inspired by "boondi ka raita", I first decided to make "boondi aur anaar ka raita". But at the last moment, I realized that I did not have boondis at home. So I made just "Anar ka raita". With sweet, tangy, juicy pomegranates with sweet, sour yogurt tasted really delicious. I served it as an accompaniement with biryani.

Anar Ka Raita
Pomegranate Yogurt Salad
1 pomegranate, peeed, seeds removed
1 cup yogurt
salt to taste
sugar to taste
1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder

1 mint sprigs
A generous pinch of chat masala
A generous pinch of chili powder
Few seeds of pomegranate

1. Whisk yogurt with salt, sugar and roasted cumin seeds powder.
2. Fold in pomegranate seeds.
3. Garnish with chat masala, chili powder, mint leaves & pomegranate seeds.

This post is my contribution to AMFM:Pomegranate event at SRA's
AMFM is brainchild of Maheshwari of beyond the usual.


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs