Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kashmiri Garam Masala

After making a batch of Mughlai Garam Masala, I wondered why I didn't make masalas at home ever? Since I had made Mughlai masala in a small quantity, it got over pretty soon. So time had come to make the next batch. So this time, I decided to make Kashmiri Garam Masala especially since I already had dry ginger powder at home. I again followed the Sumeet recipe booklet for the recipe & instructions. Looks like making these masalas at home is going to be my new hobby and I would like to give Sumeet all the credit because it makes it so easy.

I had saved this draft so I could send this post for RCI: Kashmir. But I think I just missed the boat. I couldn't find the event hosted anywhere and then I thought was I just dreaming about reading RCI:Kashmir somewhere? :-D

Here's the recipe (From my Sumeet booklet) that I followed. I made some modifications with the amount of cinnamon, 20 sounded too overpowering! -

Kashmiri Garam Masala
1/3 cup black peppercorn
1/3 cup dry ginger powder (sunth)
1/3 cup cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1/3 cup cardamom
1 tsp cloves

1. Grind in the blender to get a fine powder.
2. Store in an airtight container.
3. You have to make this masala to smell that aroma! Just wonderful.

Credits -My Sumeet Recipe booklet


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs