Salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2-3 byadgi chilies, halved
5-7 curry leaves (optional)
1 tsp fresh coconut
3-4 drops coconut oil (optional)
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
2. As mustard seeds splutter, add potatoes. Stir fry for 7 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbsp water, which will evaporate soon. Cook till done.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Garnish with freshly grated coconut. Drizzle coconut oil, if using.
6. Serve with rice and daalitauy or chapati and yogurt.
1. Coconut oil gives a wonderful flavor and aroma to this simple dish.
Check out Purnima's version of "Batate Upkari".
This post is my contribution to Sia's "Ode to Potatoes" event at Monsoon Magic.