Friday, December 28, 2007

Moog Sprouts Pesarettu

My friend, Priya told me pesarettu can be made from whole moong sprouts as well as green moong daal. She not only shared her recipe but also cooked the pesarettu & served with her signature coconut chutney and upma on side. Since then, this pesarettu graces our dining table at least once a fortnight.

I was very hesitant about posting this Pesarettu thinking it is already featured on the blogs which I hold in high esteem. But then I thought, this is something I make regularly at my home. So I can surely share it with the world too.

Moog Sprouts Pesarettu
1 Cup dry Moog beans, make sprouts which is about 3 1/2 cups sprouts
2 “ Ginger, peeled & chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

2 tbsp. Rice Flour
Salt to taste
½ tsp. Cumin Seeds

1-2 Green Chilies (Optional)
1 small Onion, chopped (Optional)

Oil for frying

1. Grind moog sprouts along with ginger and cumin seeds, salt, cilantro & rice flour.
2. Heat a dosa pan. Grease with oil. Spread the dosa batter in a circular disc.
3. Sprinkle finely chopped onions and green , if you prefer. Use oil as needed for frying.
4. Serve when the brown spots appear.
5. Serve with chutney of your choice.

Note -
1. Rice flour makes the pesarettu crispy.


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs