Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mawa Cake

Well, Mawa cake is a dense cake. It's not as fluffy or light as angel food cake or sponge cake. It's dense because of the mawa/khoya in it. According to me, the best mawa cake in Mumbai is the one you get at Manhar Surat Bakery, at Dadar TT. (You also get some amazing khari biscuits and surati butters there too!) If I were in India, I would have never baked the mawa cake. I mean, when you get the best, why to bake yourself? But I don't get that here, so I baked it. and here's my very simple recipe.

Mawa Cake
Ingredients
1 packet Betty Crocker's yellow or white cake mix
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
5 cardamoms, peeled, lightly crushed
1 tbsp Doodh Masala


Method
1. Prepare the cake batter using the instructions on the back of the cake mix. (Include the right amount of eggs, oil, water etc)
2. Add ricotta cheese, cardamoms and doodh masala. Mix well.
3. Pour the batter in the muffin moulds and bake according to the instructions on the back of the pack.

Note -
1. Do not powder cardamoms completely.
2. After pouring the batter in the muffin moulds, I lost my patience. and then poured the remaining batter in the cake pan, to make one big cake.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs