Here's how we make it.
1 cup broken wheat (Fine version)
2 cups water
1/2 to 1 cup sugar or jaggery
1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
5 cardamoms, peeled, crushed
5-7 saffron threads
5 Almonds, slivered
1. Soak broken wheat in some water for about 10 minutes. Remove all the impurities that float. Drain.
2. Add 2 cups water to the broken wheat. Pressure cook for upto 3 whistles.
3. Remove from the cooker. Add sugar or jaggery and ghee.
4. Simmer for few minutes to get the desired consistency.
5. Garnish with cardamom powder, saffron and almonds.
1. If fine variety of broken wheat is not available, you can quickly swirl it in a grinder. Do not make it too fine like wheat flour.
2. You can adjust the sugar according to your sweet tooth.
3. You can make a creamier and richer version by adding 1:1 ratio of milk and water instead of just water.