5 drops of Coconut oil
1. Marinate pomfret with ginger, onion, chili, salt and turmeric powder. Set aside in the fridge till ready to be used.
2. Grind the coconut, paprika and tamarind to very fine paste.
3. Put marinated pomfret pieces in a saucepan. Add ground masala paste and sufficient water to make the gravy of medium consistency.
4. Adjust salt. Bring the curry to boil.
5. As the curry starts bubbling, drizzle the coconut oil. Switch off the gas. Cover with the lid.
6. Serve hot with rice.
1. Use byadgi chilies instead of paprika for the authentic taste.
2. The curry tastes even better the next day.
Check out Shilpa's recipe for the Allekande Ambat.
Check out Maya's recipe for the Allekandya Aambat.
I am sending this post as my entry to the monthly spice event at Sunita's world.