1 packet (16 oz) Frozen green beans, French cut style
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut, freshly grated
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 chilies, cut into rounds
1. Steam green beans in the pressure cooker.
2. Crush peanuts coarsely in a blender or food processor.
3. When the green beans have cooled down, stir in crushed peanuts, salt, sugar if using and coconut. Squeeze the lemon generously.
4. In a small saucepan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and chillies.
5. As the chilies turn color, pour the tempered oil in the green beans mixture.
6. Mix well. Keep covered for at least one hour before serving.
1. If you prefer, your green beans crunchy in this simple salad, instead of cooking in a pressure cooker, just steam them for 5 minutes in a colander kept of a pot of boiling water.