Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Dahi Batata Puri (Serves 2-3)
1 medium potato, boiled, peeled, diced
1/2 cup garbanzo beans, boiled with salt
1 serving of multi-purpose chaat chutney
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp sugar (or more if you like it sweeter!)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp coriander leaves/cilantro, finely chopped
A generous pinch of chaat masala
A generous pinch of chili powder
Few drops of hot sauce - I use this brand
1. Whisk yogurt with sugar, salt and chaat masala.
2. Arrange puris in single layer in a serving plate.
3. Layer potatoes, garbanzo beans on top.
4. Drizzle multi-purpose chaat chutney generously.
5. Add a dollop of seasoned yogurt on each puri.
6. Sprinkle chaat masala and chili powder
7. Garnish with coriander leaves. Dot with just a smidgen of hot sauce, if desired.
1. Chaat masala already has "Saindhav/Sindhav" - Rock salt. So add salt to yogurt accordingly.