Sukun nu shaak
1 cup black eyed peas sprouts
1/2 cup red pumpkin/lal bhopla/lal kolu, peeled and diced
1 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut (Optional)
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp fresh lemon juice (Optional)
1. Pressure cook black eyed peas and pumpkin separately in two different containers for 2 whistles. Add 1/4 cup water in black eyed peas and 2 tbsp water in the pumpkin.
2. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, red chilies and turmeric powder.
3. Stir in cooked beans and pumpkin along with their liquid.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Add coriander-cummin seed powder, salt, tamarind pulp and jaggery.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes. Switch off the gas. The consistency should not be too watery or too dry. 7. Garnish with coconut and cilantro. Squeeze the lemon juice.