Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Should you fast? Should you not fast? Each is of his own. But everyone agrees that "fasting food" is delicious. Here's a simple Maharashtrian Bhaji with boiled potatoes.
Upwasachi Batatyachi Bhaji (Serves 2 -4)Ingredients
3 Medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled, peeled and diced
1 green chili, chopped
2-3 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
salt to taste
sugar to taste (Optional)
2-3 sprigs of cilantro/coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 wedge of lemonMethod
1. Heat a wok. Add ghee.
2. Add cumin seeds and chilies.
3. When they change color, add diced potatoes.
4. Add peanut powder, salt, sugar - if using. Toss it together.
5. Let it heat through for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
7. Serve with a lemon wedge on side, along with Rajgira Puri.