Orange Sandesh (Serves 6 -8)
1 Container Whole milk ricotta cheese (16 oz)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar (or more if you like sweeter taste)
A generous pinch of freshly ground cardamom powder
few strands of saffron
1. In a nonstick wok, add ricotta cheese and cream. Keep the gas low.
2. Keep stirring for about 30 minutes.
3. Add sugar. Fry for another 5 minutes.
4. Add cardamom powder. Spread in a greased plate.
5. Garnish with pistachio slivers and saffron.
6. Peel the orange. Remove all the threads and piths. Take out only soft inside segments. Place them gingerly on the cheese mixture.
7. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
1. You can roast the cheese mixture longer till it is dry. and proceed with the following recipe. You can then, shape them in balls, topping with orange segment on each.
Just like my earlier recipe of "Narangi ni Basundi" , I had already blogged about this recipe before. Pooja's (of creative Pooja) rules say that the already blogged recipes are welcome to participate in her Indian Republic Day event as long as you blog at least one new recipe. Pooja, I am going to blog a new recipe with tricolors soon. But couldn't resist to blog this recipe again since it too, highlights the tricolors.
This post is my contribution to Pooja's "Theme of the week: Orange, White & Green".