Shevyachi kheer is a very quick dessert. It can be served hot, warm or cold. If you want to serve it hot or warm, make sure to serve with puries. This kheer is relished in pretty much every part of India.
Shevyachi Kheer (Serves 4 -6)
Indian Vermicelli Pudding
1/2 cup Vermicelli
3 cups whole milk
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
1. Roast vermicelli and keep aside
2. Boil whole milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk.
3. As it boils, lower the flame and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in roasted vermicelli. Let it simmer till you get the desired consistency. I do not like too thick kheer.
5. Switch off the gas. Add cardamom powder and almond slivers.
1. Sweetened condensed milk is very sweet so I have used only 1/2 of the can. If you like your kheer very sweet, you can use the whole can.
2. The evaporated milk gives a wonderful "slow cooked for hours" flavor to this very quick kheer.
3. I do not like too thick kheer. Adjust the consistency per your own preference.