Wednesday, October 17, 2007
(Serves 4 or if you know someone like me, then serves just 1:-)
1 Idaho Potato
2-3 Tbsp Rice flour
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp asafoetida
Oil to shallow fry
1. Scrub and wash the potato. Peel and dry with the paper towel completely.
2. Cut into thick circles.
3. Mix rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, paprika and hing and keep aside.
4. Heat a tawa/griddle and add around 1 tsp oil.
5. Dredge each potato ring in the rice flour mixture, making sure it's nicely coated from all the sides.
6. Add to the pan. and let them cook on low flame for about 10 minutes.
7. Flip them over and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve as a delicious accompaniment with plain rice and daal.