FatFree Gajar ka Halwa (Serves 2 - 4)
4 Juicy red carrots or 2 cups grated carrots
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup dry nonfat milk powder
1/2 cup sugar (Less or more per your sweet tooth!)
1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom powder
Almond or pistachio slivers (Optional)
1. Wash, Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
2. Add 1 cup milk and pressure cook carrots with milk for 2 whistles.
3. Add the cooked carrots and milk to a nonstick pan. Bring to boil on a low flame. Let the milk evaporate.
4. Add sugar and dry milk powder. Keep stirring till it is dry. Switch off the gas.
5. Add cardamom powder. and garnish with nuts.
1. If you want to make richer Gajar Halwa, add 1 tbsp ghee. Instead of cooking in skim milk, you can use whole milk or cream. Instead of dry nonfat milk powder, you can use whole milk ricotta cheese.
I am sending this post as my entry to WYF -What's your favorite Dessert at SnackORama