1 cup Urad daal
Few curry leaves
1 green chili, finely diced
1/2" ginger, finely diced
1 tbsp coconut, freshly grated
Salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1. Soak Urad daal in about 3 cups of water overnight.
2. Next morning grind it adding minimum water, preferably in the Indian mixer/grinder like Sumeet.
3. Take the batter in a container. Mix in remaining ingredients except oil.
4. Heat oil in a kadai.
5. Add a spoonful of batter.
6.Fry till uniformly brown from both sides
7. Serve with chutney and sambar.
1.I have recommended Sumeet Grinder because it becomes difficult to grind adding minimum water in other blenders/grinders available here.
2. For a low fat version, make udada appe. See here.